n past years, the NIGHT OUT has welcomed over 300 patrons to a fun and exciting party at the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts that is a celebration of all that Lexington offers, but also a recognition of the overwhelming positive impact the Nigra Arts Center and Transitions has had on the people we support and the community since opening in 2015. But this year’s COVID-19 pandemic has changed all that … but has provided us with an exciting and new opportunity to celebrate our Arts Center and Transitions. Instead of our usual NIGHT OUT event, this year we are holding the NIGHT IN and instead of Roaring into the Twenties, we are Roaring OUT of 2020! The event will be virtual, but will also include many ways to interact with us that night and for the following couple of weeks. Here are some fun facts about the event:
- Proceeds benefit the Nigra Arts Center and the Elmore Transitions Scholarship Fund
- Kick-off live event on Thursday, September 17 from 6pm-7pm.
- All ticket holders will be provided with a meal kit to be prepared at home. We hope you will prepare it and enjoy it while watching our event. VIP Ticket Purchasers will also be provided with a themed Gift Box to encourage participation in the live event. These gift boxes will be tailored to “level” of participation and will include extra benefits and surprises.
- Silent Auction and Basket Raffles will be awarded on the evening of October 1 via a Facebook Live event. Participants will be able to bid on Silent Auction items or buy tickets for baskets from 9/17 until noon on 10/1.
- Live event on September 17 will include a tour through Barney Bellinger’s studio and look at him working on a piece that will be available that night in the Live Auction portion of the evening. Will also feature a tour through Scott Hook’s on-campus studio where he will be working on a wood carving that will also be featured in the Live Auction. Brenda Dwyer will be demonstrate the creation of her one-of-a-kind dyed silk scarves, and those will be available for sale/raffle.
- Special Thank You during the September 17 event to Diana and John Marshall and Gloversville Sewing Center who supported us during the pandemic with PPE.
- Sponsorship Levels are tailored to this virtual event which will provide more opportunities for exposure for these businesses, including a scrolling “ticker” on the bottom of the screen, logos in backdrop, business-produced commercials (60-second, 30-second, 10-second) and more. Major sponsor’s logos and company information will be included in meal delivery and gift box packages.
- Flame will perform live as part of the September 17 festivities.